PG Diploma in Environment Health & Safety course is designed to encompass a broad range of knowledge in health, safety and environmental management systems that are critical to an organization's success. This course provides students with a strong health and safety foundation by developing the competencies required for the effective development, implementation and evaluation of health and safety systems in occupational settings.
The duration of the programme is one year.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of Instruction is English only.
NUMBER OF SUBJECTS
The total number of courses for the program is 10 including practical.
Students those who secure at least 80 % of attendance in the year will only be eligible to appear for the examination of that year. Those who fail to secure the required attendance shall repeat the same year/course during the subsequent academic year.
The university examinations will be held at the end of each year for duration of three hours for each subject.
1. Principles of Safety Management – General Safety
2. Fire Prevention, Control & Elementary First Aid
3. Electrical & Chemical Safety
4. Industrial Safety & Risk Management
5. Occupational Health & Safety Management
6. Environmental Safety & EHS Laws
7. Construction Safety Management
8. Safety at Oil, Gas & nuclear Projects
9. Fire Fighting & Confined Space Rescue Operation – Practical
10. Emergency Plan, Preparedness & Response – Practical