PG Diploma in Environment, Health & Safety
To develop a competent cadre of trained professionals in Industries, Oil and refineries, Airport, Harbour, Hotels, etc.
A pass in any UGC approved degree.
The duration of the programme is one year.
Non semester pattern
- MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of Instruction is English only.
- NUMBER OF SUBJECTS
The total number of courses for the program is 10 including practical.
Students those who secure at least 80 % of attendance in the year will only be eligible to appear for the examination of that year. Those who fail to secure the required attendance shall repeat the same year/course during the subsequent academic year.
- UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS
The university examinations will be held at the end of each year for duration of three hours for each subject.
- CURRICULUM OUTLINE
1. Principles of Safety Management - General Safety
2. Fire Prevention, Control & Elementary First Aid
3. Electrical & Chemical Safety
4. Industrial Safety & Risk Management
5. Occupational Health & Safety Management
6. Environmental Safety & EHS Laws
7. Construction Safety Management
8. Safety at Oil, Gas & nuclear Projects
9. Fire Fighting & Confined Space Rescue Operation - Practical
10. Emergency Plan, Preparedness & Response - Practical