Certificate Course in Fire & Industrial Safety
To develop a competent cadre of trained professionals in Industries, Oil and refineries, Airport, Harbor, Hotels, etc.
The Candidate should pass in SSLC (10th Standard).
The duration of the programme is one year.
Non semester pattern
- MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of Instruction is English only.
- NUMBER OF SUBJECTS
The total number of courses of these Certificate Courses from Alagappa University, Tamilnadu program is 08 including practical.
Students those who secure at least 75 % of attendance in the year will only be eligible to appear for the examination of that year. Those who fail to secure the required attendance shall repeat the same year/course during the subsequent academic year of the Alagappa University, Tamilnadu Examinations.
- UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS
The Alagappa university, Tamilnadu examinations will be held at the end of each year for duration of three hours for each subject.
- CURRICULUM OUTLINE
1. Principles of Safety Management - General Safety
2. Fire Prevention, Control & Elementary First Aid
3. Electrical & Chemical Safety
4. Industrial Safety & Risk Management
5. Construction Safety Management
6. Safety at Oil, Gas & nuclear Projects
7. Fire Fighting & Confined Space Rescue Operation - Practical
8. Emergency Plan, Preparedness & Response - Practical